The comments books at both Ballarat Miners Cottages self contained accommodation houses show that guests are very pleased with their high standards and the welcome given by host Patricia Hope and family. These accommodation houses each provide fully self contained facilities for two couples, with Carrigg House having an extra single bedroom, enabling family and friends to enjoy a break in the Goldfields.
Both Peel Cottage an early miners cottage converted to meet the needs of modern visitors, and Carrigg House a small rebuilt cottage with a recently completed two storey extension at the back are located in interesting historic areas of the former Town of Ballarat East. The old town which was amalgamated with the City of Ballarat in 1923 developed amongst the mining leads and contained many old buildings of the mining era reached by sometimes narrow and twisting roads which were first formed as miners tracks in the 1850’s. The surrounding areas could be explored on foot.